In search of a good mirrorless camera & lens for instagram content

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sigmundian New Member • Posts: 4
In search of a good mirrorless camera & lens for instagram content

Hello everyone,

For the past 6 years I 've been using an ancient Nikon D3200 for my instagram content mostly with the kit lens but also the 50mm 1.8 and although it's served me good, I need to step-up my game. Because I am making money out of my social media and I have deals with some good brands I want to invest on a good mirrorless camera which will help me produce good quality content for them.

I have had a look on different cameras such as the Sony a6500 and the Fuji X-T100 (I don't really care about brands, I am open to anything really) but also more high-end ones such as the Sony a7 III. However because I ve not been following the camera industry news for a while I thought I could use the advice of the fellow members of this forum.

The things I am not interested in:

-Video

-Sports/action photography

-Printing

-Bokeh

The things I am interested in:

-Sharp photos of interiors and sharp photos of outfit portraits in moody weather - so I guess that would be good low/medium-light performance?

-Easy connectivity with Iphone/MacBook

-Budget. I am a PhD student so I cannot afford a 3.000£ camera, but I would consider getting the a7 III and pay with instalments if it would really make a difference in comparison to the cheaper options. Keep in mind the use of the photos will be almost exclusively for social media channels.

Looking forward to your advice! Thanks a lot! I hope this thread helps other people with similar interests.

Nikon D3200 Sony a6500 Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow