What to feel?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BTAbkenar
BTAbkenar Regular Member • Posts: 316
What to feel?

I bought an excellent EM10ii a few years ago and  iit worked fine until recently the flat cable connecting the LCD screen to the body got faulty and now it is only turning on when positioned on one specific angle.

As it was out of the warranty period, I thought it might be the right time to get an used em5ii as they are so cheap on the used market right now.

I found a beautiful black one and grabbed the chance.

It is really beautiful and I love it.

BUT.....

It has its own problem. It sometimes can't be turned off by turning the on/off switch to off.

I have spent hours reading so many frustrating threads on the web about this specific problem on the EM5ii, which makes me so sad.

As this camera is also out of warranty and will cost me so much (compared to the price I payed for the camera) I have difficulty to justify the extra money to spend to repair and not being sure the problem will be gone for ever.

I really don't know what to feel about the quality of the OLY camera hardware.

Please bear with me, I am just so frustrated.

Kindly regards,

Bahman

BTAbkenar's gear list:BTAbkenar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Samyang 35mm F1.4 AS UMC +9 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow