Canon1D MKIV sharpness in low light

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VictorSoares New Member • Posts: 1
Canon1D MKIV sharpness in low light

Hi All,

New to this forum ... first post

I recently "upgraded" to a used Canon 1D MK4 having had a 7D MK1 since they were released. This is my first "pro" camera and I am super excited to finally be able to afford one.

I have a quick question please....

I don’t usually shoot with a tripod but today I did a test with one and was very surprised by the results ... I have a Canon f2.8 MK1 and setup this up with a 1.4xTC and then aimed this at a small stick some distance away ... about 6 meters away. I also used a remote shutter release to ensure I was not shaking the setup with my hands.

I set the camera to H speed and then fired off as many shots as possible (think it works out to 13) on H speed. The light was poor and with ISO at 400 and in Av mode, I could only get a SS of 1/40.

The results: ... just about every shot was badly blurred. With IS on or off, no real difference. I think it has to do with the shudder the camera experiences during operation from the mirror as I can see that the first and last images a somewhat sharper than the others whereas the middle ones are very blurred.

Ever since getting the camera I have thought that the mirror clap on this camera is significantly "heavier" than the 7D .... any comments on this would be appreciated please

Thanks

Victor

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow