Z6 first walkabout - 50mm 1.8S - Street (10 images)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BurnImage
BurnImage Regular Member • Posts: 477
Z6 first walkabout - 50mm 1.8S - Street (10 images)

Well I picked up my Z6 a couple of weeks ago, but bad weather followed by a rotten cold stopped me getting out to try it out.

I prefer 35mm FOV for street photography, but I couldn't afford the 35mm 1.8S, so I picked up the 50mm 1.8S instead, to see if I could re-learn that FL and make it work for me and my street photography. (£349 vs £659 in the UK just now).

Moving from M43 with 17mm (35mm) I figured the 3:2 aspect of FF would allow me to shoot in a similar way with 50mm, given the wider aspect ratio.

I think it's working for me. I'll still add the 35mm when funds allow though.

Anyway, yesterday I got out, mostly to gain familiarity with the camera and especially its focus modes, and of course to have some fun.

I'm impressed!

Anyway, although it was a learning session I still got a handful of keepers.

Apologies if you're wanting SOOC images, these are processed to taste (well I'm still dialling that in too, like you do with a new camera system).

I'm impressed with the camera and lens, here are some keepers, ranging from ISO100 to ISO 6400:

BurnImage's gear list:BurnImage's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow