How about some help with lens selection for my A9II?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
creativedogmedia
creativedogmedia Regular Member • Posts: 171
How about some help with lens selection for my A9II?

Background...shot Nikon for years. D70, D300, D810 and D750. 24-70 2.8, 50mm 1.8 and 70-200 2.8. I do not shoot anything professionally on the ground (all of my professional work is in the air - literally). I had the A9 with the 24-70 and 70-200 for about a month and returned them all in anticipation of the A9II. Part of the attraction of moving to Sony, to begin with, was portability but I did like having only two lenses to work with.

I shoot my daughter's soccer games, portraits of my family and friends, our two dogs. Do I need an A9II? No. Do I need 1.4 primes for each of the types of shots I mentioned above? Probably not. I love photography and part of my love is the variation in quality across lenses. I truly appreciate higher-end glass.

I have the Sony 35mm 1.8 and the Sony 85mm 1.8 but am within my return window at Adorama. I love the portability but don't want to leave any IQ on the table.

I am thinking of grabbing the Sony 24mm 1.4, keeping the Sony 85mm 1.8 and adding the 135mm 1.8. I feel like they are still relatively portable yet seem to really shine in IQ, sharpness and overall output.

What do you think?

creativedogmedia's gear list:creativedogmedia's gear list
Sony a9 II Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM
Nikon D300 Nikon D70 Nikon D750 Nikon D810 Sony a9 Sony a9 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow