Sony 24mm f/1.8 ZA - is it the best "35mm" FOV for the E-mount still?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 4,734
Sony 24mm f/1.8 ZA - is it the best "35mm" FOV for the E-mount still?

I'm a Sony shooter who uses both full frame and cropped APS-C bodies.

For an a6xxxx body with APS-C I used to own the Sony/Zeiss 24/1.8mm ZA lens but sold it off when I stopped using APS-C for a while.  Want to re-enable my use of an a6xxx body again for simple casual travel and and walking around.

I have a full set of full frame lenses but plan to use the 55/1.8 ZA and 35/1.8 FE on it but like most would like to have a "35mm FF FOV" lens.  Is there a favorite here people like better than the original 28/1.8 ZA that was APS-C?

Considered using a FE 24/1.4 GM as well and may actually go down that route but wondered what others thought.

Have to admit a Fuji X-T3 with 23mm f/1.4 is a great setup but having two mounts is proving to be more of a burden than I want right now.

Had considered the Loxia 25/2.4 but its MF and slower that I would like

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Steve

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-T3 Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye +28 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow