Upgrade from epl7

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pablomontana New Member • Posts: 9
Upgrade from epl7

Hi I shoot social/family/travel my kit is an epl7 with Olympus 12-40 f2.8pro and 40-150 f4.0-f5.6 . The camera was only £250 brand new, half what I paid for the second hand 12-40mm. I choose this to be economical and practical as it would be cheaper than 3 primes+ I have no time to change them as the main reason I’m thinking of a new body is speed of use.

The main thing that causes my photos of people problems is missing the first genuine smile. By the time I’ve fiddled with the settings the moments gone. I mainly value the zoom for composition rather than for reach or boka, being stuck at about 28mm on a iPhone limits creativity.

So im looking for more controls under £800. Size must be small the currant size is perfect lens aside. Obviously this would be a lot more than I paid for the epl7 so I hope for a good bump in iso and focusing. I am open to switching systems or even switching to some sort of high end compact but would worry about low light portraits without ibis as I almost never use the tripod bar birthdays and Christmas.

needs screen that can face forwards.... for erm reasons.

Olympus E-PL7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow