Practical Experience Only - is the 16-80 now ok with F'ware 1.02?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
VinceC Senior Member • Posts: 1,134
Practical Experience Only - is the 16-80 now ok with F'ware 1.02?

I bought one of the first 16-80s in the UK, and returned it because of lack of sharpness and smeared edges (in particular LHS).  It was worst at wide angle and distance (landscape) shots.  I used it with my X-T3 and EFC shutter.

It was much better at close ups - street, portrait - and the OIS was good.

However, the spec, 24-120 equiv and f4, is ideal for me and - if the lens performs well across the range - I would buy another copy.  I'm visiting a shop tomorrow that will have both a Fuji Rep and the lens in stock.  So I'm tempted, but very nervous.

I would be very interested in hearing from those who have the lens and installed the latest firmware, V 1.02.  Did you have problems before?  What were they?  Has the latest firmware fixed them?  To what extent?  Would you recommend buying the lens?

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Best regards
Vince C

VinceC's gear list:VinceC's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +4 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow