Might be a stupid question

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skraaal Forum Member • Posts: 84
Might be a stupid question

Hey all,

This may be a really silly question, but is there any disadvantage to using the silver Fuji lenses as opposed to the black ones?

Would the silver rim bounce light back into the lens more than the black or produce more inadvertent glare?

I think the silver version is more prone to paint wear and tear from what I’ve heard but wasn’t sure of any optical differences.

I do realise it’s nit picking but unfortunately I have that sort of stupid min maxing attention to detail, doesn’t always work in my favour...

I know it may be silly to ask but my local store only has a single silver 50 f2 wr in stock and no black version so I wanted to check prior to shelling out hard earned cash.

Couldn’t see this question asked when doing a google search either so I thought I’d ask here.

If I were a photo journalist in a war zone I know I wouldn’t get silver for drawing attention reasons but luckily I’ll not be doing that sort of thing.

Thanks for putting up with this sort of question!

Skraaal's gear list:Skraaal's gear list
Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow