D850 Sensor Repair with lesser compatible part?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ixmcix New Member • Posts: 12
D850 Sensor Repair with lesser compatible part?

Hey DP Reviewers.
I recently had my Nikon D850 repaired by an authorized repair shop & now I am noticing lots of noise at fairly low ISO settings. I had a tiny, but distinct purple mark on every single photo taken with my D850. It was not the lens, as the marks would appear despite which lens I used. I tried the camera's own Image Sensor Cleaning from the setup menu, using a dust blower, and bringing the camera for professional sensor cleaning. Nothing worked.

I then had the camera repaired under the existing warranty with this authorized repair shop, and according to their repair report, the CCD/Image Sensor was replaced. The mark no longer appears but now I see noise at fairly low ISO settings
Is it possible that my D850 image sensor was replaced with a one from a camera lower on the Nikon totem-pole?
I mostly shoot in low light setting, so my ISO is typically between 800-3200 (sometimes going up to 12800 or higher, but I expect to see noise at this setting).
Coming from the D800, the D850 is remarkable with handling noise, as it has a max ISO of  25600, where the D800 maxed at 6400.
Since the D850 sensor repair, I am seeing grain in my pictures with ISO 2000.
I used the D850 as my primary camera for a fully year, so I will notice the slightest shift in quality.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow