Canon 1Dx (original) questions

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Pastern Contributing Member • Posts: 739
Canon 1Dx (original) questions

How much of an upgrade is a 1Dx (original, not Mark II) from a much older Mark IIn?

I would expect that the ISO and AF are the 2 main areas that would trounce the older Canon.  Anything else from people's experience?

I can't afford a new 1Dx II (even 2nd hand with the prices that they are going for).

Some background on myself - I don't do a lot of photography these days due to health issues, but when I do, it's primarily macro [insects & arachnids].  I do do a bit of birding and motorsports though, when the opportunity presents itself.

I value the 1D series of cameras over the consumer Canon cameras for their toughness, quality and feel.  I also enjoy their ability to survive outdoors when conditions turn nasty (rain!).  That's something Canon's consumer cameras suck at imho.

So, I'm happy to pay a bit more for a 2nd hand 1 series camera for that extra bit of oomph etc.

Any suggestions on what to look for with 2nd hand 1Dx units for sale?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow