Overall view of M50 for stills

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jon6650 Forum Member • Posts: 53
Overall view of M50 for stills

Hi, here my first time ever to venture here as my only ever Canon was and still is Eos5 from the late 90s! It's still going strong
I still mostly shoot film but when travelling I do miss digital sometimes so I want a cheap, light, used digital for those times. I don't shoot video or sports or nature, just portraits and travel pics usually at 35mm. 
So I was looking at last gen Fuji's, M43 and the like and then came across a few used M50 that I'd never considered before, at pretty similar prices. 
Thus my question is generally how do people find the M50 for my sort of use? Any common complaints?

Also I still have the Sigma 28-70 f2.8 on my Eos5. I only have a hazy understanding of adapters but could I get one of the clever ones and roughly keep the focal length equivalent, plus an increase in max aperture? Or have I misunderstood the game... 
Many thanks in advance

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow