Godox AD200 Pro flash vs Geekoto GT-200 KIT

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,508
Godox AD200 Pro flash vs Geekoto GT-200 KIT

I do no studio work, and that is why I am posting this here instead of the studio lighting forum.

I just stumbled across this video  and got an introduction to a very interesting new product, the Geekoto GT-200 kit. The thing that makes it so interesting is the kit that comes with the Geekoto which makes it look like a much better buy at a small uptic in price.

The umbrella soft box has a handle to ease holding by an assistant and a seven-foot light stand. The handle also doubles as an attachment to the light stand, just slide it down on the light stand via the hole in the handle designed for that.

Has anyone here had any experience with this kit, and more particularly, the light box?

The light box looks light. I wonder how practical it might be for a photographer to carry around at an event with camera in right hand and light box in left.

By the way, the power of the two units is the same, the features of the flash itself almost identical and it works the same as the Godox on-camera and in-flash remotes.

If anyone has additional comments on this brand and their products, I would be delighted to hear about it.

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow