Need Help Deciding on a Camcorder

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DogRunner New Member • Posts: 3
Need Help Deciding on a Camcorder

Hello everyone. I'd like to request some advice on camcorders, I hope that's okay.

I'm planing on purchasing a Canon Vixia HF R800, but recently found a refurbished 32 GB Canon Vixia HF G20 for sale for about $200 more. Both are within my budget, but rather than just assuming the more expensive camera is better for me, I'd like to get some advice on whether or not the extra money is worth it.

I plan on using the camera to film wildlife, including insects and birds, make travel blogs and film close ups of small objects. I'm intending to upload these videos to the internet. I'll be mostly filming during peak daylight hours, but occasionally during dawn and dusk hours as well and some indoor stuff where I can control the light levels. The ability to do time lapse and slow motion would also be helpful to me.

I'm also open to suggestions of other cameras within that price range if you feel they may be a better fit for me.

Thanks for your time and help in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow