My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Alexis
Alexis Senior Member • Posts: 1,467
Re: My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Thanks for your insight.

As I explained earlier I already have my own RT ecosystem but mine is based on the Phottix Odin technology - very similar if a little bit more expensive than Godox - in their defense, the Odin user interface appears a little slicker than the Godox equivalent.

All I want is a small but fast flashgun that will sit on top of my M50 - the 430EXIII-RT fits the bill for it's size and speed and the fact that it's an RT flash does NOT tie me in to the expensive Canon RT ecosystem because I will trigger using the Odin RT triggers (from dedicated trigger unit or trigger-capable flashgun - the Mitros+), JUST like your Godox equivalent.

Cost-wise of course it makes sense to look at the 685 but the darn thing is almost as big as my very capable Canon 580EXII; in any case I have invested too much money on the Odin technology to sell it all and switch over. I was however concerned by the assist light issue that you mentioned on the 430EX. The external power and optical trigger are not deal-breakers for me.

I would buy the refurbed flash you showed me in an earlier link in a heartbeat; as I am not based in the USA I cannot buy it; maybe I'll get someone state-side to buy and ship it - still cheaper than buying it over here (I am based in Cyprus).

Alexis's gear list:Alexis's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
kli
kli
MAC
MAC
MAC
kli
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow