RX100vi Concert Footage

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeffrey J Davis
Jeffrey J Davis Forum Member • Posts: 60
RX100vi Concert Footage

I've had my RX100vi over a year since soon after launch and absolutely love it. It's like the full -frame A7iii which fits in my back pocket. Yes, I'm well aware of the speed / low light compromises but I continue to be amazed by the image quality.

One of the reasons I bought the camera was for live music photos and video. Most shows I attend do not allow "detachable lens" cameras unless you have press credentials.  For whatever reason, I haven't been able to go to any live shows until last weekend , when I caught Dinosaur Jr and Kurt Vile, live in Houston. I was up close , shooting mostly F4 / 1/125, not really zoomed in much,  but I was still quite pleased with image quality, even at high ISO. I used min SS ISO settings and had shots coming in at anywhere from 400 ISO to 12800 ISO based on the lighting.

I shot like 10 full songs in 4K and 1080p video and was quite impressed with the quality, even with just the onboard mic.

Full gallery of images and youtube video playlists at my website.

Jeffrey J Davis's gear list:Jeffrey J Davis's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7 III Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 2.0x Teleconverter Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow