My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Alexis
Alexis Senior Member • Posts: 1,474
Re: My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Casey Cheung wrote:

Alexis wrote:

Hi Casey,

Curious to know what made you return the Canon 430EX-RT and how does the 430EX compare in size to the TT685?

Thanks

Hi Alexis,

Did I already answer your question previously? Not sure.

YES YOU DID AND I MISSED IT - MASSIVE APOLOGY FROM ME!!!!!

I returned the Canon flash cuz I didn't feel like getting a 2nd identical Canon flash for $249 just to have wireless remote triggering between the two devices. Also, I intended on getting the Godox AD200Pro flash, so the Canon flash would not have fit into the equation.

Going all Godox means everything is compatible for doing off-camera wireless flash photography. If I only wanted one single speedlight without consideration for a multiple wireless flash system, then just having the Canon flash alone would have sufficed.

As for size difference, the Godox 685 flash is noticeably larger and taller than the Canon 430EX. The Godox 685 flash on the M50 makes the camera top heavy both in weight and appearance, it's very noticeable. The Canon 430 flash actually looked good on top of the M50 hotshoe, even though the flash looked fat and stubby around the waistline. Maybe it looks fat around the waistline cuz the battery compartment is arranged in a square shape on the Canon flash, versus horizontally in a row for the Godox 685 flash.

Alexis's gear list:Alexis's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
kli
kli
MAC
MAC
MAC
kli
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow