7artisans 50mm F1.8 Test Shots

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 8,655
7artisans 50mm F1.8 Test Shots

I just got the 7artisans 50mm F1.8 X-mount manual lens today, and tried it on my X-E1. It's a nice size and feels good on the X-E1.

If you have this lens please let me know your impressions of it, and how you like it.

Mechanically it is pretty good: no wobble in the helicoid, nice feel, reasonably good fit to the lens mount. Lens mount screws were tight when I got it, no need to tighten them further.

The focus ring is well-damped, and smooth. Focus ring stops at slightly beyond infinity.

The aperture ring is also smooth, but without click-stops.

The aperture diaphragm is a thing of beauty: 12 blades.

The entire optics module moves in and out to focus. The 52mm front filter thread does not rotate while focusing. The inside element (nearest the sensor) is a little smaller than I would like, but that's just a preference of mine.

Here are three sample shots:

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1438043515/albums/7artisans-50mm-f1-8

I might add a few images to this album as time goes on.

These are developed from raw, not resized.

F1.8 is a little foggy for my taste.  F2.8 is quite usable but definition and contrast improve at F5.6. The lens does not seem to be unduly decentered.

Overall, I'm judging it a keeper. Time to order a protector filter.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow