A MISTAKE to NOT have FA-LCD on M6 ???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP PhotoTeach2 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,733
Re: A MISTAKE to NOT have FA-LCD on M6 ???

needmoretoys wrote:

PhotoTeach2 wrote:

Canochrome wrote:

First question - what is an FA-LCD?

Fully-Articulating LCD They can be pointed straight-up or down ... or off to the side.

You imply that it can be pointed straight up or down without first taking it out to the side. That is not true. I find it inconvenient to shoot low level macro with the screen out to the side. That is why I prefer a tilting screen.

Fully-Articulating LCD They can be pointed straight-up or down ... when off to the side.

Most "tilting" screens do not allow "straight" up or down (or BOTH).

Tilting screens do not allow "reversing" (selfies or PROTECTED for travel/storage).

i dont like the additional 3" a "tilting" screens adds to rear of camera either.

While I don't necessarily like swinging out to "side", I don't see it as a big deal and accept it for the additional creative shooting positions it offers, (and easily prefer it over the 3" additional from tilting).

Can be reversed (for selfie's) or (very important) nested to protect from scratches.

In other words, you can use it at ANY angle, inc. directly overhead or even pointing straight-UP while on the ground.

I will never have another camera w/out one since I now take most of my photos at very extreme offsets while exploiting its possibilities.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow