Jpg & raw organisation with Capture One Express?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kierenlon
kierenlon Contributing Member • Posts: 631
Jpg & raw organisation with Capture One Express?

Hello, I'm a 2 week Fuji user, coming from Nikon + Lightroom standalone.

An OS upgrade stopped LR working and I dont want to subscribe to software. Nikon was great but didnt fit the niche I wanted (small system, close to perfect straight out of camera jpg ; minimal time infron of a computer editing).

So I bought a Fuji XT30 and downloaded Capture One Express both meet most of my needs. 99% of the time jpg is perfect. The off time, when I need to push shadows etc I will edit the raw so I like to keep raw+jpg.

With Nikon (including picture profiles) I always edited & archived raw.

With Fuji, jogs are great but I want to save both. How do you organize your folders. I group by event in a YYYYMMDD-event-name directory structure so that in the event of disaster recovery I can easily choose what to restore first.

With Fuji jpg being really good to my tastes, I am conflicted on storing jpg and raw in the same directory or distict paths, perhaps an edited or selected directory?

Quite curious to hear what others do? Particularly if using Calture One Express and cloud photo storage like Google, Microsoft, Flickr, etc

kierenlon's gear list:kierenlon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow