Canon 135mm F2L vs Sony 135mm Lens for Sony A7Riii

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nebulla Senior Member • Posts: 1,485
Canon 135mm F2L vs Sony 135mm Lens for Sony A7Riii

Like most of you , I like a sharp lens and I am in the market for a replacement lens as I recently sold a Canon lens which I did not use too often. I have read that the Canon 135mm F2L is one of Canon's sharpest lens.  Speed is not really a problem when using the Sigma MC-11 as I have discovered with my other Canon EF L lenses so how sharp is the Canon vs the Sony' s and why would I need a 135mm lens? Hard to make choices these days as I am quite happy with my Sony 24-105mm G and the Sony 100-400mm GM lens. I do not do weddings or even portraits anymore except for maybe the odd one now and then. Besides the 2 Sony lenses mentioned above, I use a the Tamron SP 90mm for Macro and I still keep the Canon 50mm F1.8 STM. I am aware that everyone have their own reason for what they buy, but right now it is not easy for me to decide. Thanks for any suggestions.

PS I am not even sure that I do need another lens, but since its a habit to replace a sold lens with something else, I am really not sure this time.

nebulla's gear list:nebulla's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow