Best backpack / rucksack for hiking photographers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Swift One Regular Member • Posts: 431
Re: Best backpack / rucksack for hiking photographers

Been there done that!  To this day, If I am on the trail or in an abandoned building, my best "camera pack" is a Kelty Redwing 50L with on or two Peak Design Travel Cubes inserted in the pack- depending on what I am taking for gear.

1.  It doesn't look like a camera bag full of expensive gear- especially when I have room to put my tripod inside the pack.

2. It's a true hiking pack with thought and design put into a comfortable strap system.  Most designated camera packs seem to put more though into the gear area and not the shoulder straps.  I will say the the Lowepro Whistler series, seems to have a pretty comfortable strap system.

3.  If packed with some thought, you have plenty of room left over for carrying non camera related gear.

4.  The travel cube system turns my pack modular- configure the pack for the mission at hand.

To the OP, nice write up.

Swift One's gear list:Swift One's gear list
Nikon D5300 Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow