Best lens in the 20 - 35 range for landscape on a6000

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jen148 New Member • Posts: 15
Best lens in the 20 - 35 range for landscape on a6000

Hi all,

At the moment I have an a6000 with the kit lens, 60mm 2.8 sigma and 12mm f2 samyang (rokinon). I enjoy the results I get from the two prime lenses; so I want to now find a lens that can give me significantly better iq than the kit lens in the 20 - 35 range with a view to hopefully leaving it on the camera most of the time.

Would you go for the Sony 35 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, zeiss 24 1.8 or something else, for mixed use but mainly landscapes and better performance with tricky lighting eg backlit, sun stars, use with nd filters etc.

My other consideration would be to sell up the above and get a second hand a7 with a 16 - 35mm and an 85mm. I would give up the size and weight of the a6k which I love as I mainly take landscapes whilst hiking, but would it be worth it for the jump in iq?

Would love to hear from people who had hit the wall with the a6k and kit lens, but found a new lens to keep them happy on the a6k, or people who have moved from a6k to a7 and opinions on the jump in iq.

Thanks for your advice!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow