X100F EVF poor quality?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Angrymagpie
Angrymagpie Contributing Member • Posts: 756
X100F EVF poor quality?

I bought a X100F recently, and as much as I like the camera, the EVF seems to be pretty poor.

1. In auto-brightness it is almost always too dark. So I tend to put it in +1 to +3 brightness.
  2. Even when the EVF is bright enough, there's not much detail. The highlight area often looks blown out and the shadow looks too dark. I would even say it looks too contrasty, but it also looks a bit washout at the same time

I know that the newer generations of EVFs have all improved significantly, but I don't have any of the newer generation camera; my reference points are all from a similar time period. Comparing to my GX8, G85, and A7Rii, the EVF on the X100F just looks significantly worse.

Is this normal? What could be the causes? Would it be because I made some customisation with my JPEG setting? Is there a way to adjust the EVF so that it looks neutral?

*The LCD looks perfectly fine by the way

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100F Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow