Nikon Z6 vs Z7

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
whimsicalmike
whimsicalmike Contributing Member • Posts: 724
Re: Nikon Z6 vs Z7

GuyDagar wrote:

aaronkick111 wrote:

I think its gonna be a 50mm 1.8 the battery pack a spare battery which comes in a quarter of the price of a Z7. Also i need a arca swiss tripod so i can use an l bracket

Good choice.

For a tripod, I highly recommend this Leofoto LS-324C —it comes with a 40mm low-profile ball head that is a knock off of the RRS BH-40, which is a really good standard ball head. I never use the silly extension column it comes with, it's generally tall enough without it and I'm 6 ft tall. The quality of Leofoto is on a par with Gitzo in every respect.

However, if you don't care for the Leofoto ball head, sell it on eBay for $100 and buy this Arca-Swiss  Monoball ballhead , it is simply the best there is and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Forget RRS. This Arca-Swiss ball head is the most versatile, easy-to-use head on the market. You can do panoramas without changing anything, and I use one as a gimbal head on a Leofoto monopod by simply tilting it over to vertical position with my 200-500mm.

I have a big Gitzo tripod that is for sale on Amazon because I never use it—too big and too bloody heavy. I already sold my RRS BH-55. The Leofoto with the Arca-Swiss Monoball handles my Nikon 200-500mm without the least fear that it will fall over or fall apart. It is light enough and small enough for hiking and big enough and strong enough for any other application. It comes with a nice case that holds the tripod with a head on it. Read this review on my website: https://talkphoto.net/review-of-leofoto-ls-324c/

As for an L-Bracket, I have the SmallRig bracket on my Z6 and an RRS Base Plate on my Z7 that doesn't include the "L" which is fine since I rarely shoot vertical or panos with it.

I have the LS324C and i think much the same as you. Wish i had known about the Arca ballhead. Seems like a much better solution, i put a leveling base on mine for use with a panorama head but the Arca seems a much better solution.

whimsicalmike's gear list:whimsicalmike's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow