What am I not seeing ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NewGuy1776
NewGuy1776 Forum Member • Posts: 81
What am I not seeing ?

I will start off by saying I do not see myself as a good photographer…yet. I enjoy the process of trying to improve and I am content at the moment.

I have noticed on YouTube and Instagram there are some great photographers out there. However, I also noticed a fair number of photographers that have photos that do not seem that great. I read comments and people praise the work but I wonder if there is something more than the photo people are taking into account. I wonder if someone took 10 random photos from 10 random photographers (of various skillsets & followings) would they still have the same opinion.

I am not trying to judge or put down people’s photography but I do not understand how some people get a huge amount of praise. I have seen photos from fellow DP Forum users with a way better body of work and I bet they don’t have 100K followers or been featured on a website/magazine. An example is the photo below. Not going to say its bad because everyone sees photos with their own eyes BUT I personally don’t think of it as a “good” photo. What are your thoughts out there in forum land? Thanks

Example, not my photo

NewGuy1776's gear list:NewGuy1776's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Fujifilm X-A2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow