Olympus versus Panasonic f/2.8 standard zoom observations

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AlmostDoctor Regular Member • Posts: 139
Re: Olympus versus Panasonic f/2.8 standard zoom observations

whumber wrote:

AlmostDoctor wrote:

Another thing to consider is that Panasonic 12-35 is slighfly brighter (by about 1/4~1/3 stop according to Dx0) compared to oly 12-40. Comparing 12-35 to some of the other lenses I have, it does seem to be slightly brighter at same apertures.

I wouldn't trust the DxO transmission measurements to anywhere close to 1/4 a stop. Brandon Dube from Olaf did some analysis with some other forums members here and found their t-stop values for the 25 PRO were off by the better part of a stop.

You might be right. Though I did take some test shots with 12-35II and compared to some other lenses I have under same conditions, and the 12-35II tend to have slightly brighter image at same apertures (or faster shutter speed at same metering). It wasn't a huge difference, but it was enough for it to be noticeable IMO. But again, I didn't compare it to 12-40 so I'm not sure what the real differences are.

Though I've only handled 12-40 briefly at a store, I do think that 12-35II feels noticeably lighter attached to a body.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow