Printing from a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jane S
Jane S Regular Member • Posts: 364
Printing from a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I have a Panasonic Lumix G9 camera.  I've been shooting in the 4:3 aspect ratio.  Was just sort of set up that way.  I haven't printed photos in years,  as the photos just seem to live in their digital world.  Sad I know.

I got a rude awakening, when I tried to print a photo. down, dirty, and cheap off my iPhone 11 pro, that also shoots in the 4:3 ratio.  I went to Costco and they only use a 3:2 ratio, which crops the photo more than I want.  I tried Shutterfly, but it crops the the photo too much as well..  Where can I get a photo printed from the 4:3 aspect ratio?  I have many photos from my Lumix micro 4/3's that I would hope I could print if I wanted.  I am not all that experienced and edit photos on my Mac  But, it seems like once you shoot in that 4:3 aspect ratio, that is what you get,  Taking it down to a 3:2, crops out things that you may  want to keep.  That is all aIl I know.  Should I change my aspect ratio in my camera to 3:2 to avoid this in the future?   TIA for your input.

Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow