What lens to choose with M100

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MAK1981 New Member • Posts: 7
What lens to choose with M100

I was recommended to start a new thread with the following:

Hi, first post on dpreview. I have had my t2i for nearly 10 years...before family, before kids, before lugging heavy equipment around that I just don't enjoy doing anymore. I'm planning on getting an M100 for its portability, and a lightweight lens so I will actually use it. But I want to be sure what I'm getting is significantly better than pictures on my Galaxy S8, too.

I have the canon 50mm f1.8, tamron 18-55 f2.8 and tamron 70-300 f4-5.6. All great lenses and I will get a mount in order to use them with the M100 for those times I take family photos or at the zoo, etc.

So after all that, my question is: Which one lens is best to add to my arsenal? The 11-22 f4-5.6? Something else? Again, main goal is portability, not duplicating my lenses, and having good image quality. I was looking at the 22 f2, but feel I could use the 50 f1.8 if I needed bokeh or more light?

I've been out of the photography game for awhile so thoughts are appreciated.

It was recommended to look at the 22 f2, 11-22 f4-5.6 and 32 f?  I really want a nice walkaround lens, I don't mind cropping and minor editing afterward if a picture's a "keeper."  My favorite photography is my family when we're out and about; landscapes; and architecture.  Would the 22 f2 do it for me, or do I really want that 11mm reach?  Again, when I really want to go after those good pictures, I will throw on my big lenses -- I'm going M100 specifically for portability and hopes of using it more often!

Thanks again in advance for your thoughts.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS M100 Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow