M6 Mk II and Sony a6500

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
photo_rb Contributing Member • Posts: 826
M6 Mk II and Sony a6500

It was a nice day today so I walked to the top of a hill and did some landscape photos with the Canon and Sony with the same Canon 16-35mm f/4 L lens on each camera using adapters.  I also did some shots with the ef-m 15-45 on the M6II.  All around the 24mm focal length, trying to adjust for the narrow view of the Canon.

The results...well not unexpected.  The M6II showed a bit more resolution than the Sony, maybe not quite as much as I had anticipated.  The M6II also showed a bit more noise which did not surprise me.   If anything surprised me, it was just how good the 15-45 was.  Very little difference between it and my 16-35 at f/5.6 and f8.  When I bought the Canon, I thought I would be using the 16-35 quite a bit but now I don't see the need.

photo_rb's gear list:photo_rb's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +13 more
Canon EOS M6 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow