Lenses for Israel trip? 70D

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dgr88 New Member • Posts: 14
Lenses for Israel trip? 70D

I’ll be in Israel with my husband and two teenage children for 10 days. We’ve never been, so it will be a well-rounded trip with a little bit of everything. I want to capture the country, but I also believe strongly in having my family in shots whenever possible. This will be my first time traveling with a DSLR, so I want to keep it simple. BUT - I’m already finding myself getting caught up in which lens I’ll use for what, and I’m not even there yet. I want to enjoy my trip and my family. That being said, I want to take advantage of my camera and enjoy having beautiful photos from our trip rather than the handful of acceptable shots I typically get from a “fuss free” point and shoot. So I guess I want the best of both worlds.

I’ve listed my ideal lenses below. I own all three. I realize that there is a place for each of these on my trip, and I could bring all three. But - The fewer the lenses I bring, the better for my ADD brain, ha! I want to spend less time contemplating/switching lenses and more time shooting. I’d like to know from the forum’s experience if any of these lenses would end up largely unused.

18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

24mm f/2.8 STM

I also have a 50mm 1.8, whichI know people like to travel with. I see it as a portrait lens only, so I'm not sure why I would want to bring it??

I am not a professional, but I’m creative and I appreciate beautiful photographs - especially when associated with family memories. There is always the chance that I’ll start with the 18-135 and never take it off. But I know I need something fast for good night shots and I also want to give myself the option of challenging myself.

Which one or two of these lenses together would be a happy medium? Thanks!

Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow