My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Casey Cheung Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
Re: My M50 has new Godox wireless flash buddies!

dpeete wrote:

Not to mention a very brief stint with a TT350

The Godox/Flashpoint gear is great... I think they are changing the lighting market. Hopefully you enjoy it.

One thought on the purchase: the shot-to-shot recycle times on the TT685 are not great compared to the V860. You might want to check that out before you settle all the way in on that model.

I also have a hunch you are going to want a small flash with bounce for those times when the TT685 is just too big. The TT350 would keep you in system, but that probably isn't necessary with the other 2 Godox units you have. I think the 270EX is an ideal flash for stuffing in the unused space of a Peak Design 5L and a few lenses.

Aaah, you remembered my quickie fling with the TT350, LOL!! Yes, we parted ways before the 14 day honeymoon refund period ended, haha!

Yes, I did ponder on the V860 flash with its li-on battery, even held it in my hand for a minute. In the end, I chose the 685 flash cuz it's on sale at $99 versus $161 for the V860. The 685 flash seems decent enough for recycle time, at $99 the price is nearly disposable. In fact, the sales guy at the camera store told me if the flash is defective within a 1 year period, their policy is to simply replace the flash cuz there is no repairs from Godox. I found that interesting and amusing.

You might like this comparison between the 685 versus the V860 in terms of battery usage. Check out this Youtube video: https://youtu.be/ZNDIQZz5kqg

Yes, the 685 flash is a bit top heavy on my M50 camera, geez, I hope the hotshoe/flash compartment doesn't fall apart, haha! Even the Godox X2T remote transmitter looks sort of big on the hotshoe.

Yeah, I may look into getting a smaller flash as an extra backup. Don't know which one yet though. I rather like the Canon speedlights, but don't want to spend $500 for an OEM flash. Who knows, maybe I'll revisit my fling with the TT350 again?!

Check out this picture attached of my M50 with the X2T remote and 685 flash on top. Overkill???? Yes, in fact, the flash will trigger when I press the shutter release with this setup!

Godox 685 flash on top of X2T remote on top of M50 camera

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
kli
kli
MAC
MAC
MAC
kli
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow