Is there something wrong with the P900 I just bought?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Randy2468 Regular Member • Posts: 124
Re: Is there something wrong with the P900 I just bought?

ratfugel wrote:

To answer your question.

First try a moon shot using the suggested moon setting in 'Scenes'

If this works, then it is unlikely there is anything wrong with the camera.

However, if you find it doesn't focus properly after setting for the moon, then do what I did with the first one I bought.

Return to vendor telling them what you told us.

Get your money back.

It is not unknown for new cameras to be less than perfect.

One of my P900's was out of guarantee when this happened, so I sent it to Nikon for repair. They changed the whole optical setup for £162 plus Vat. Took them nearly three months, in which time I bought another from Indonesia at a daft price.

Now I have two perfectly performing P900's. One is kept for extreme close-ups, the other for 'ordinary' photography.

Best of luck.

rat.

Ok, Last night I did as you suggested.   Set the Camera to Moon Scene.   I was surprised that it did seem to make moon photos better.   Here's a sample.   Would you say this suggest good optics on this one?   it's a hand held shot.   No tripod.  Almost full moon and I understand the best shots are of less tan full moon?  JPG straight from the camera.   No post processing.

Randy2468's gear list:Randy2468's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow