Is this the right body plus lens?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flemalle New Member • Posts: 12
Is this the right body plus lens?

Hello everybody,

I've been a Canon-hobby shooter for quite some years now but wish to switch to a Sony Alpha system for professional use. I would really appreciate it if some of you can provide me with feedback and advice on this case.

The subject I wish to focus on is architectural photography with about 80% pictures of the interior and and 20% of the exterior. Not for real-estate pictures but for spherical pictures of old buildings (houses, churches, whatever). And also for documentation before restoration of the building (or sometimes demolishing ).

For these kind of pictures I shoot from a tripod and set the aperture on 9 or 11 and ISO on 100 for a sharp and clean image. With the Sony Alpha I'll probably underexpose quite a bit and bring up the dark parts in postprocessing. No flash most of the times.

For the body I think the A7III will suit me fine. I won't need the extra megapixels of the A7RIII. Most important is a good dynamic range and sharpness.

For the lenses I'm in doubt. I can afford the Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM but since I don't need to shoot at such a wide aperture I could also go with the cheaper Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS or the Sony 12-24mm F4 (but I don't need to go wider than 16 mm).

For the less frequent times I'll need some more zoom I'm thinking of the Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G.

Any opinions on this? Thanks a lot in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow