What do you use alongside your Z?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
goactive Senior Member • Posts: 1,766
Re: What do you use alongside your Z?

I have the same setup two z6s and a Fuji X100F but I still find I like as a fun walk around camera my Nikon J5 and for sports the J5 with 70-300 giving me 820mm nothing can beat that for quality and size.

I got the X100F for the leaf shutter but I now almost never use it. I need to sell it. its like new I did more testing with it than anything. On real jobs it's just so strange to use for the leaf shutter but that does work well. The viewfinder is way to small and low quality.

Brian Homer wrote:

Not unlike the OP I have tended not to walk round with my main camera(s). I now have two Z6s but usually when walking etc use my Fuji X100F with wide and tele adapters. My criteria are different as with the Fuji I trade pocketability with IQ and handling. I’ve always got my iPhone Se in my pocket.
However a Z6 with the 24-70 kit lens while not pocketable is now an option as an alternative to the Fuji X100 kit - size and weight not bad and IQ better.

Nice to have choices but for me I can manage without a viewfinder on a phone but prefer a camera to have one.

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

goactive's gear list:goactive's gear list
Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon D500 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow