Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Kamukix Regular Member • Posts: 473
Re: What do you use alongside your Z?

VBLondon wrote:

Kamukix wrote:

VBLondon wrote:

Kamukix wrote:

Bridgehouse wrote:

The EM10ii seems pretty cheap used.. maybe I should revisit that. Unless I wait for the z50 to drop (a lot!) in price. Hmmm.

I really think you should have a long hard thought about the e-m10ii, they're very cheap and quite good cameras. Perhaps rent with a small lens and see how you get on with it.

For me the problem with the compact m43 bodies (and the Nikon 1) is the kit zooms, whilst small, are inevitably slow (f4-5.6) compared to the built in zoom on the LX100 (f1.7-2.8). So whilst something like the EM10ii is obviously a good system camera, as a secondary "pocketable" camera for occassional use (not a full travel system) it doesn't work as well, unless paired with a small prime - and the only really impressively pocketable small prime in m43 IMHO is the Pana 20 f1.7

I think it fits someone like me who is VERY likely to have a single prime on a body and then maybe have another prime or one of those kit lenses in a pocket or bag. I shoot almost entirely with primes on all of my cameras so I usually think a little differently about what a pocket camera or vacation camera might be. For sure though I see your argument, and it's a valid one. I think the 12mm f2.0 is very good though it's larger than the 17mm f1.8 (which would be my goto as I said), the 25mm f1.8 is one of my favorite lenses ever, but it's a tick larger than both even if it's still pretty small.

It's nice to have a friendly difference of opinion (not really opinion, preferences) I totally see your point too!

I think we need to leave the internet....we're ENTIRELY too reasonable and level headed haha.

-- hide signature --

I love people

Kamukix's gear list:Kamukix's gear list
Nikon D200 Pentax K-5 Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M5 II +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow