Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,023
Re: Organised photo shoot business/pics for money etc.

Babu K wrote:

Why so many trips to India?

My favourite country on several levels ... Plus I live only 3-4 hours flying time away and can tie it up with my work.

My flight was 12:00 from AKL to KUL then 5:50 to DEL on my way over I had been on my toddles for close to 23 hours "door-to-door" ...

I would go more often I guess if I lived closer, but then I also have strong interests in other places. I will do this 700+ kms Mae Hongson round trip, first going South-West from Chiang Mai, then losely up the Burmese border to Mae Hongson and then back via Pai and one of the most iconic motorbike tours on the planet, those 672 needle bends and curves in strangely light traffic. The Pai/Chiang Mai road a fabulous one, have done it before, but since I also had coffee before and still drink it, it doesn't hurt to ride this part again. I will then also do a little bit of motorbike exploring in Laos, another country of interest of mine.

Have some blurry ideas about my next trips to India, might include Varanasi again as I really enjoyed it on many levels. Also spent some time there with a friend who is fluent in Urdu, Sanskrit and Hindi, which on occasion is of some help where my instincts might give me some wrong signals.

Coming back to those Sadhu: I approached them. Those one that approach me, I often/mostly ignore. But on the Ghats the main sales pitch seems to be boats and not so much photo opportunities. I also often leave my cameras in the bag. Often!!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow