Gimbal compatibility for X-T3

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Foxjet Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Ronin SC cable for X-T3

Protea wrote:

Foxjet wrote:

Protea wrote:

Scheveningen4Life wrote:

I have the DJI Ronin SC with the X-T3 and can confirm the special RSS cable for Fuji (part 16) does work for video as well.

Received the cable yesterday and did a quick test this afternoon.

Hi Michiel,

That's great news. Are you able to confirm exactly what functions the cable allows you to do with the X-T3? Is it just the ability to start and stop recording?

Thanks,

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin_SC/20190926/Ronin_SC_Camera_Compatibility_List_en_0926.pdf.pdf

This PDF on the DJI web site has the functions of the cable spelled out.

Thanks Richard. I had seen that, but a couple Fuji owners on the DJI forum still seemed to be having issues.

Good to get the confirmation here.
Awesome photos in your Flickr page, especially the dragonfly ones - just stunning!
I notice that you sometimes use a Canon 180mm macro - is that with a Fringer macro? Interested if you moved from a Canon setup or did you get this specifically to use on a Fuji, and if so why a Fuji and not a Canon body?

Peter, thanks for checking out and commenting on my Flickr!

I had been shooting Canon since 2005 and so had some nice lenses in my collection when I discovered the Fuji X system. I bought the Fringer Pro adapter when it first came out and use it with my various X system Fuji bodies. I wish Fuji had a macro equivalent to the Canon 180 but until they do I'm happy to have this substitute.

Why Fuji? I like the small form factor with all the dials and buttons. The electronic viewfinder is a huge advantage for shooting manual exposure. Firmware updates.....Need I go on?

Cheers and good shooting!

Foxjet's gear list:Foxjet's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow