Upcoming M6ii Purchase: Body Only or Kit

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
davidgp
davidgp Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Upcoming M6ii Purchase: Body Only or Kit

Hi,

I will soon purchase the M6ii to replace my T2i body.  But I'm bouncing back and forth on whether to get the body only, the 15-45 kit, or the 18-150 kit.

I currently own the Sigma 18-35f1.8 and 50-150f2.8OS, and the canon 50f1.8ii.  Image quality is important to me and I love the quality I get with the two sigma lenses.

A lot of my shooting is done in conjunction with international travel:  shots of people, (slow-moving) wildlife, street scenes and landscapes.  I will also do a bit of video.  I don't do sports or birds-in-flight.

If I go the body-only option:  Will I miss the Viewfinder?  Is either kit lens good enough such that its small size and weight will out-weigh (sorry for the pun) the loss of image quality?

Also, just how good is the 18-150?  That's almost super-zoom range and has to include a lot of compromises.  Is it really worth all the extra $$.

Size and weight is becoming more and more of an issue for me.  Arthritis is starting to set in. Also, airlines are increasingly weighing carry-on bags on international flights:  15lb limit; my carry-on with computer, camera gear and other misc is typically in the 25lb range.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

-DavidP

davidgp's gear list:davidgp's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow