Looking to get a all purpouse lens for travelling.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skraaal Forum Member • Posts: 84
Looking to get a all purpouse lens for travelling.

Hello!

I've recently jumped into the Fuji X system to go alongside my very much loved Nikon D850.

I purchased the X-T3 to use as a lighter more 'everyday' use camera due to it's size and weight. (After trying both, I actually preferred the X-T3 over the Z6 which was my other mirror-less choice)

So alongside the body I purchased the Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR as it's small, very lightweight and gives me a nice weather sealed 35mm equivalent for walk around street photography.

I would like to get one more lens for the X-T3 though, more of a travel lens to cover a bit more than just the 35mm equivalent view in-case I'd like to shoot a few portraits or zoom in a tad more or go wider.

I was thinking of going down the lines of getting the Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR.

My only concern about that lens though, is whether or not it would then really make my 23mm sort of irrelevant and a wasted purchase. Also it's a fair bit heavier and sort of takes away from the original reason for buying the X-T3.

Do you guys feel that the Fujifilm XF 16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR really is the way to go for that sort of do all lens, or do you think I could make do with a second prime to give me more versatility when walking about?

I'd love to hear which prime if so and thoughts on why. On a side note I currently live in a  very very very dusty part of the world, so WR is quite a useful feature when considering a purchase.

Thanks for any advise!

Skraaal's gear list:Skraaal's gear list
Nikon D850 Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G +5 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow