Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CrisL Contributing Member • Posts: 523
Re: Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

Brev00 wrote:

Pixel8888 wrote:

Check you free upgrade path with Topaz to ai tools and Studio2 filters in your topaz account. Topaz Studio 2 has so called 'filters'. One of them is precision detail, with about a dozen sliders. You quite likely get precision detail for free. Other great filters are AI Clear, precision contrast, hsl color tuning.

Yes, I am familiar as I do have Studio 2. The Detail feature in Studio does not have the variety of tools that Detail, the legacy plug-in, has. At least not in the free version. No differentiation between shadow, highlight, and overall detail. Detail has ten different tone control sliders. It has a lot of presets and I have made several of my own.

Within studio 2 with the precision detail filter I see 7 sliders to adjust the details for each of the Overall the Shadow and the Highlight . Looks pretty efficient for me . I like studio 2

I did own a few of their plug ins, and go a ton of upgrades for free (standalone ai tools, Studio2 and multiple filters)

There just was a update to Studio 2.2.0 a few days ago, btw.

Yeah. Not a big fan of Studio. Just doesn't fit well into my workflow, and, as I have noted, my legacy plug-ins have a lot more controls. Plus, I like working from my home base, Elements. I just hope I can transfer the plug-ins to my new computer via time machine when the time comes as I can no longer get the programs downloaded from Topaz.

Thanks for your thoughts.

CrisL's gear list:CrisL's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon D300S +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow