Photo editing on smartphone: which app do you prefer? Why?

Started Jul 17, 2019 | Polls thread
sarah11918
sarah11918 Regular Member • Posts: 267
Re: Photo editing on smartphone: which app do you prefer? Why?

If you're new to photo editing on Android, then I think Snapseed is a great place to start. It's usually my go-to, with enough editing options to be really useful without being too overwhelming.

I have a few different apps on my phone/Chromebook that I'll use for special purposes: Photo Editor (blue/white icon, by MacGuyver) especially for quickly resizing to a particular resolution/file size or adding text. Photo Editor is quite powerful and feature-rich, but since it's not my go-to it often takes me longer to find my way through all the menus than Snapseed, especially on the phone vs the Chromebook with the larger screen. I use Handy Photo and Retouch by ADVAsoft for removing some basic elements. And, I paid for Polarr when it was single purchase, just before they went subscription-based, so that was definitely worth it. I do like it, and it's feature-rich, but again, don't use it often enough to use it quickly, so I keep going back to Snapseed, and never get better at the other apps. 

For getting started quickly and with no cost, I would absolutely suggest starting with Snapseed and Photo Editor and then see what, if anything, you might be missing. If you are already comfortable with serious photo editing (just used to doing it on a computer and are transitioning to Android looking for comparable tools), that's when you might want to consider testing out Polarr. But I consider Snapseed the first thing to try, Photo Editor if you're not put off by digging into lots of menus, and then Polarr if those two don't do it for you.

sarah11918's gear list:sarah11918's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow