Tamron 17-28mm user experience

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP SimonOL Senior Member • Posts: 1,851
Re: Tamron 17-28mm user experience

jl_smith wrote:

Once you start shooting UWA, it's almost impossible to go 'too wide'. You'd think 17mm is very wide (and it is), but then you get ideas to shoot other photos and even 17mm isn't wide enough. ..think 'confined' or tightly-composed spaces.

Good point although my current UWA option is a 21mm prime which I often find is too wide. I want to explore the uwa perspective but the prime just doesn't seem versatile enough so I think a UWA zoom would be a better option for me and would get used far more often.

Personally I'm going to eventually get the Sony 12-24 but maybe I'll give it and the Sigma a rental first. I'm sure the Tamron is swell and makes a lighter-weight option, so it really depends on what you need.

The Sony lens is not an affordable option for me and almost certainly wider than I'd ever need. I'm thinking the Sigma is also probably too wide which takes me back to the Tamron...

I wouldn't worry too horribly bad about coma unless you get really serious about astrophotography.

Found a few examples of astrophotography with the Tamron and they look pretty decent to me.

Thanks for your comments - reinforcing my thoughts that the Tamron is probably my best option

SimonOL's gear list:SimonOL's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7R II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow