Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Brev00
OP Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,974
Re: Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

Pixel8888 wrote:

Check you free upgrade path with Topaz to ai tools and Studio2 filters in your topaz account. Topaz Studio 2 has so called 'filters'. One of them is precision detail, with about a dozen sliders. You quite likely get precision detail for free. Other great filters are AI Clear, precision contrast, hsl color tuning.

Yes, I am familiar as I do have Studio 2.   The Detail feature in Studio does not have the variety of tools that Detail, the legacy plug-in, has.   At least not in the free version.  No differentiation between shadow, highlight, and overall detail.  Detail has ten different tone control sliders.  It has a lot of presets and I have made several of my own.

I did own a few of their plug ins, and go a ton of upgrades for free (standalone ai tools, Studio2 and multiple filters)

There just was a update to Studio 2.2.0 a few days ago, btw.

Yeah.  Not a big fan of Studio.  Just doesn't fit well into my workflow, and, as I have noted, my legacy plug-ins have a lot more controls.  Plus, I like working from my home base, Elements.   I just hope I can transfer the plug-ins to my new computer via time machine when the time comes as I can no longer get the programs downloaded from Topaz.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow