Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP deednets Forum Pro • Posts: 10,029
Re: Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Jerry-astro wrote:

deednets wrote:

Jerry-astro wrote:

These are wonderful, colorful, and totally engaging, Deed. Really nice work.

OK, thanks four your rather generous comments! You know that I think you should go some day??

Deed

You're probably right, Deed, though I tend to be a bit more into landscape, astro, birds, etc. and much less so into photographing people. I've tried a bit, and might be able to develop those skills over time, but up to this point, it hasn't really resonated with me. I've traveled in Asia (Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Bali) a number of times in the past, but that was years ago and well prior to my getting serious about photography.

It's on the bucket list somewhere, but a little ways off I'd say.

Ah yes ... photography: as interesting as it is to grab a camera and take some shots, there is of course also th aspect of just being there.

What India offers is fairy tales (google Rani Padmini, then travel to Southern Rajasthan). Stepwells make interesting objects, ancient kingdoms, temples etc. They do have tigers and fabulous colonial architecture.

And with regards to "people" photography: there is a demi-challenge for you which also can be A LOT OF FUN!!!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow