panasonic g85 vs g9 vs xt3 for wildlife/travel/landscapes

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nikxfuji Junior Member • Posts: 44
panasonic g85 vs g9 vs xt3 for wildlife/travel/landscapes

hi i currently have a g85 with a pana leica 12-60 for travel and landscapes and a 100-300 for birding/wildlife. im a little bit disappointed with the AF of the g85 on birds but i must admit birding is tricky for AF systems because they are small.

I'm going for a wildlife trip to sri lanka and now im thinking of upgrading to g9 for better AF and little more resolution. I also know that a lot of times there will be little light in wildlife and they say g9 is a better performer at iso 1600 or 3200.

my question is the g9 worth the upgrade from my g85? i think the g85 AF is fine for large animals so im more on if the AF of g9 really better than the g85 for birds and the ISO performance improvement. or should i just go with the x-t3, or just stick with the g85?

x-t3 is cheaper in my country than a g9. I know it has better AF and better Iso performer but is it worth the additional money and weight? i have never handled an xt3 and 100-400mm lens. unfortunately there are no rental here in the Philippines.

Fujifilm X-T3 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow