Lightroom organization/use for beginners...and the disorganized!

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sal McInnis New Member • Posts: 5
Lightroom organization/use for beginners...and the disorganized!

First off, I'm not really a beginner, although I might as well be. I started using Lightroom a few years ago after buying a dslr. While taking bits of info from here and there, and kind of throwing it all together, I learned a basic grasp of the program. I know how to use it to develop my raw images, but over time my file system has become a discombobulated mess! I've got some catalogs stored on an external drive and some stored on pc. Most titled under the default date Jpegs all over the place. I really need to start over from scratch, clean it up and learn how to use and organize my files properly.

Now I know there's tons of free info online, but there's a lot of differing opinion as to the correct way to store catalogs, jpegs, backups, etc. What I think I need to do is get ONE instructors way of doing things and just stick with that. Once I think I know the program well enough, maybe then I can tweak the way that works best for me.

So my question is...who do you recommend me starting the process of blowing up my Lightroom mess with, and learning from the start all over again. The best, easiest way of storing catalogs, backups, and actual proper use of the program? I'm most certainly willing to pay if it comes to better instruction, if that's what it takes. Books and/or online instruction would be best. I really don't have the time for an actual in class course.

Help!

Thanks.

Sal McInnis's gear list:Sal McInnis's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D5500 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow