Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 9,830
Sadhu in Varanasi images - 56/1.2 & 35/1.4

Just got back from India yesterday. Hasn't been my first trip there, in fact I have been visiting - if you like - since 1988.

On this trip I spent  - amongst other places - 4 days in Varanasi, that one place in the world where you can have you papaya lassi, whilst less than a metre from your lassi claypot, dead people are being transported to their final journey.

An intriguing place.

Amongst other things I also had some interesting communication with some Sadhu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadhu

The internet is full of great - and not so great - information regarding these people so won't get into the history etc here. After all this is a gear forum right?

When taking pics of the Sadhu, there are of course the usual questions regarding "stealthy" pics, versus "posed" images. Since I never was a great friend of those stolen pics, my few example shots here were taken where those Sadhu were fully aware of me being there. Since I also get - kind of - close it would also be very hard to miss me taking those pics.

A colourful affair in both surface - and below - those encounters can be.

Now regarding "gear": I took an X-T3 plus the 35/1.4 and the 56/1.2 plus the RX1RII with me that day. I could have gotten away with just those 2 lenses, but thought I would also take the RX1 as it provided me with 35mm/FF. Since the 23/1.4 I also own wouldn't have saved much weight over the RX1 I left it at home.

C&C as always welcome.

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Sony RX1R II Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Fujifilm X-T3 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow