Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brev00
Brev00 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,830
Topaz Legacy v Topaz AI

I recently checked out Topaz.com to see if there was a recent upgrade of Topaz Detail, one of my favorite plug-ins. I guess I had not visited in a while because Detail was now placed in the Legacy category (as well as Denoise) and was no longer supported by the company. So, I downloaded a free trial of AI Sharpening. Playing around with it, I saw no advantage to that over Detail. Detail offers such a range of manual controls while I had to settle for what the software could give me with AI with a couple of sliders to alter the strength of the effect. Halos were the price I paid for my efforts.

Perhaps I need more time with the program, but, right now, I see zero advantage to this new software. I imagine the AI denoise plug-in is the same. I guess there is no such thing as lifetime support. For now, I will hold onto my legacy plug-ins with a firm grip.

What is the experience of owners of the old and/or new programs?

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow