What do you use alongside your Z?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NCB Senior Member • Posts: 1,159
Re: What do you use alongside your Z?

Sort of thinking about this myself. In my case, when out walking I stick a camera in the rucksack pocket, where it's easily got at and doesn't weigh the sack down to much.

Goto camera is a 14 year old Nikon Coolpix 8400, with a 24-85 equiv lens. Good ergonomics; it's slightly lighter, smaller than a Z50 and has a good grip as well as a (poor) EVF. It's still used because I've tried a number of more modern alternatives and couldn't find anything I liked as much. And it does great output. Tried an LX100 but thought the handling was awful. Tried an N1 J5, but output wasn't good enough. Whatever, it's time I replaced it. Coming to the conclusion that an m43 is the minimum sensor size worthwhile

Thoughts were leading to an OM-D E-M10 with a compact lens. However, I'm now looking closely at the Z50. I think it'll do the job. Not too worried by the price as it's cheaper than things like the Fuji X100F and Sony RX100 VI. I find the Z6 is great but reckon the Z50 should be fine for when weight and size matters.

Not really pocketable though. For that need I think I'd look at a Panasonic travel zoom.

NCB's gear list:NCB's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D3100 Nikon Df Nikon Z6 Nikon Z50
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow